[KDE/Mac] kde-mac Digest, Vol 76, Issue 7

Jonathan Schultz jonathan at imatix.com
Fri Mar 25 03:27:00 UTC 2016

Hi again René,

I've been working on building qt5-kde-x11 from your repo, but seem to
have hit a few difficulties. So sorry for the newbie questions but yes
macports is all a bit new to me.

So, first question: should I be installing qt5-kde-devel-x11 or
qt54-kde-x11? I've tried both, and each had problems:

qt5-kde-devel-x11 failed trying to clone qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.6.0 I
remember you mentioned that qtwebkit was missing from your build, so I'm
not clear why this package should be trying to install it.

qt54-kde-x11 had a whole bunch of patch files that confused macports
because the patches already seemed to be applied. I tried to hack my way
around this problem but there are so many of these patches that I
decided it was a waste of time and energy.

Many thanks for your help with this.

Cheers,
Jonathan