[KDE/Mac] Macports/okular won't display PDFs?

Jonathan Schultz jonathan at imatix.com
Tue Mar 22 00:29:25 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I just installed okular using Macports on a freshly installed Mavericks
virtual box. What I find is that it loads PDFs without complaining, and
even gets the number of pages correct, but fails to render the pages.
That is, the pages do not appear in the document pane at all. At least
some other document formats (well jpg is all I tried) work fine. I tried
running okular from the command line to see if any suspicious messages
appeared, but didn't see any. Any suggestions where the problem might
lie or how to track it down?

Many thanks,

Jonathan