[KDE/Mac] another round of KF5 test-building please

Marko Käning mk-lists at mailbox.org
Sat Jul 9 16:50:05 UTC 2016

Hi René,

sorry, but this will be a little longer post, as I was finally putting a bit of work into my tests,
because I’d also like to see qt5-kde as an alternative port on MacPorts soonish. It would be best of
course if this would be a joint activity of Michael, mcalhoun and you i.e. qt5-kde some part of qt5.
But I guess that’s hard to synchronise if interests on both sides aren’t matching.

On 15 Jun 2016, at 10:30 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello (esp. Marko),
>
> Would someone please have (or find) the time to run a test build of my KF5-Frameworks port, preferably
> before I start the upgrade process to 5.23.x and PREFERABLY with the stock cmake PortGroup?

OK, I just built KF5-Frameworks with stock cmake and got through with everything, as it seems.

I followed this advice of yours though:
-------
Don't forget to copy the following file(s) into your main port tree's _resources directory:
	/Users/marko/WC/GIT/macstrop/_resources/port1.0/group/qt5-1.0.tcl
	/Users/marko/WC/GIT/macstrop/_resources/port1.0/group/qt5-kde-1.0.tcl
	/Users/marko/WC/GIT/macstrop/_resources/port1.0/group/qt5-mac-1.0.tcl
	/Users/marko/WC/GIT/macstrop/_resources/port1.0/group/qmake5-1.0.tcl
(That's probably /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/group
or /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/_resources/port1.0/group/
or /opt/local/var/macports/sources/svn.macports.org/trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group)
-------

I only spotted this:
-------
--->  Checking kf5-kapidox for QSP XDG mode ...
QSP XDG mode  check failed: command execution failed, -code 1 -level 0 -errorcode {CHILDSTATUS 63319 1} -errorinfo {command execution failed
    while executing
"system "fgrep 'DQT_USE_EXTSTANDARDPATHS -DQT_EXTSTANDARDPATHS_XDG_DEFAULT=true' -R ${build.dir} --include=CMake* --include=Makefile --include=*.make 2..."} -errorline 8
--->  Installing kf5-kapidox @5.22.0_0+qt5kde
-------
Is that critical?

I didn’t see Kurt’s issues with kdelibs4support and ktexteditor though...

AND I guess all these warnings are nothing to worry about, as those ports are just meta ports for a
variety of other kf5-* ports:

-------
--->  Staging kf5-portingaid-frameworks into destroot
####  Cannot check kf5-portingaid-frameworks for QSP XDG mode (not a CMake project).
--->  Installing kf5-portingaid-frameworks @5.22.0_0+qt5kde
.
.
.
--->  Staging kf5-tier1-frameworks into destroot
####  Cannot check kf5-tier1-frameworks for QSP XDG mode (not a CMake project).
--->  Installing kf5-tier1-frameworks @5.22.0_0+qt5kde
.
.
.
--->  Staging kf5-tier1-frameworks into destroot
####  Cannot check kf5-tier1-frameworks for QSP XDG mode (not a CMake project).
--->  Installing kf5-tier1-frameworks @5.22.0_0+qt5kde
.
.
.
--->  Staging kf5-tier3-frameworks into destroot
####  Cannot check kf5-tier3-frameworks for QSP XDG mode (not a CMake project).
--->  Installing kf5-tier3-frameworks @5.22.0_0+qt5kde
.
.
.
--->  Staging KF5-Frameworks into destroot
####  Cannot check KF5-Frameworks for QSP XDG mode (not a CMake project).
--->  Installing KF5-Frameworks @5.22.0_0+qt5kde
-------

Is this assumption correct?

If this message is only debug output for you as the maintainer I think one should leave it out in
the final release of port:qt5-kde in order to not to confuse the users too much.

I was also able to build kf5-kate and run Kate.app as well as KWrite.app successfully! :-)
Somehow I managed to crash Kate though… Need to try and figure out what I did to make it happen…

In a next step I tried to build all residual kf5-* ports and ended up for now with the following
failing ports:
-------

--->  Fetching distfiles for kf5-baseapps
Error: This port doesn't have a release version yet.
Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-baseapps returned: This port doesn't have a release version yet.

--->  Verifying checksums for kf5-config-modules
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for plasma-desktop-5.6.4.tar.xz
Error: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for plasma-desktop-5.6.4.tar.xz
Error: org.macports.checksum for port kf5-config-modules returned: Unable to verify file checksums

--->  Fetching distfiles for kf5-dev-scripts
Error: You need to select a python3 variant
Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-dev-scripts returned: Please select a python3 variant

--->  Verifying checksums for kf5-libkipi
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for libkipi-16.04.2.tar.xz
Error: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for libkipi-16.04.2.tar.xz
Error: org.macports.checksum for port kf5-libkipi returned: Unable to verify file checksums

--->  Verifying checksums for kf5-kdenlive
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for kdenlive-16.04.2.tar.xz
Error: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for kdenlive-16.04.2.tar.xz
Error: org.macports.checksum for port kf5-kdenlive returned: Unable to verify file checksums

--->  Fetching distfiles for kf5-kdesvn
Error: This port doesn't have a release version yet.
Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-kdesvn returned: This port doesn't have a release version yet.

--->  Fetching distfiles for kf5-purpose
Error: This port doesn't have a release version yet, use kf5-purpose-devel instead.
Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-purpose returned: This port doesn't have a release version yet.

--->  Fetching distfiles for kf5-konversation
Error: This port doesn't have a release version yet.
Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-konversation returned: This port doesn't have a release version yet.

Error: KWayLand is not supported on darwin at the moment
Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-kwayland returned: not supported on this platform

--->  Fetching distfiles for kf5-kwebkitpart
Error: This port doesn't have a release version yet, use kf5-kwebkitpart-devel instead.
Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-kwebkitpart returned: This port doesn't have a release version yet.

--->  Fetching distfiles for kf5-okular
Error: This port doesn't have a release version yet.
Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-okular returned: This port doesn't have a release version yet.

--->  Fetching distfiles for kf5-smb4k
Error: This port doesn't have a release version yet.
Error: org.macports.fetch for port kf5-smb4k returned: This port doesn't have a release version yet.
-------
kf5-baseapps rang a bell with me. I believe it was failing also the last time I tried to build it,
but this is due to the fact that I am not building the kf5-*-devel ports.

Having said that, I noticed only quite late in the process, that I had installed kf5-osx-integration-devel
though:
---
$ port installed "kf5-*-devel"
  kf5-osx-integration-devel @5.22.0.23_0+qt5kde (active)
---
But as this port doesn’t have a lot of dependencies:
---
$ port rdependents kf5-osx-integration-devel
The following ports are dependent on kf5-osx-integration-devel:
  kf5-frameworkintegration
    kf5-oxygen
---
I believe it might be fine as is for now.

Due to the above issues the following ports could not be installed:
-------
 kf5-digikam
 kf5-gwenview
 kf5-kdenlive
 kf5-kdev-python
 kf5-kdevelop
 kf5-kdevelop-clang-parser
 kf5-kdevelop-pg-qt
 kf5-kdevplatform
 kf5-kscreenlocker
 kf5-kwin
 kf5-plasma-integration

-------

My full installation command developed finally into this:
---
$ sudo port install kf5-* and not installed and not *-devel and not kf5-baseapps and not kf5-config-modules and not plasma-desktop and not kf5-dev-scripts and not kf5-digikam and not kf5-gwenview and not kf5-libkipi and not kf5-kdenlive and not kf5-kdesvn and not kf5-purpose and not kf5-kdev-python and not kf5-kdevelop and not kf5-kdevelop-clang-parser and not kf5-kdevelop-pg-qt and not kf5-kdevplatform and not kf5-konversation and not kf5-kwayland and not kf5-kscreenlocker and not kf5-kwebkitpart and not kf5-kwin and not kf5-okular and not kf5-osx-integration and not kf5-oxygen-icons and not kf5-plasma-integration and not kf5-smb4k
---

By the way, when starting kf5-dolphin’s Dolphin.app (later also seen for Okteta.app) it complains
---
	Could not start process
	Cannot talk to klauncher:
		The name org.kde.launcher5 was not provided by any .service. files
---
all in one line. :-(
Well, of course, as expected, Dolphin therefore doesn’t view anything from the filesystem...
I guess I am missing to start KF5’s kded5 daemon or something. There have been so many ports
installed by now and the console was overfilled with port’s output, but I was able to find
this hint regarding kded5:
---
launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.macports.kded5.plist
---
advising to start the daemon at boot time. Thus I ran it, but finally realised that Dolphin.app
seems unaffected by it, i.e. is still showing above error.

That’s all for now and for a while, as I am going to be busy...

I hope this helps you to fix the last bits.

P.S.:

On 08 Jul 2016, at 00:07 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I get back I'll be updating to frameworks 5.24.0 and will get back to you when that's taken care of.

Yeah, I just see now David’s commits for 5.25.0 and his post announcing 5.24.0!