[KDE/Mac] QSP patch/activator

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 11:48:34 UTC 2016

David,

In your idea of a QSP::addStandardLocation() approach, would that always add to a "global" list (= affect all subsequent calls to standardLocations()), or would you also consider a variant that only affects the next call?

Also, if you think we should avoid thinking of this as "providing an XDG-compliant mode", we should probably also find a different name for the KStandardPaths wrapper class we've been discussing. Thoughts (other than QMoreStandardPaths :))?
FWIW, that wrapper class could implement the variant mentioned above that adds an element to standardLocations() transiently.