[KDE/Mac] first krita 3.0 pre-alpha app bundle

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 10:43:43 UTC 2016

On Thursday January 14 2016 07:31:47 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jan 2016, mk-lists at mailbox.org wrote:
>
> > It doesn't work just because Yosemite doesn't want to execute the
> > executable since it was built for 10.11.
>
> Which I still don't get... Because I ran the executable on 10.10! So I'm really wonder how I could run this on my Mavericks Mac Mini...

Marko, maybe you could see what you get when running the bundleexec directly from a terminal? On 10.9 I'm seeing this:

%>  /Volumes/Krita\ \|\ Digital\ Painting\,\ Creative\ Freedom/krita.app/Contents/MacOS/krita
QCoreApplication::arguments: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
krita.lib.pigment: Compiled for arch: ::Vc::AVXImpl
krita.lib.pigment: Features supported:
krita.lib.pigment:       "SSE2"         ---      yes
krita.lib.pigment:       "SSSE3"        ---      yes
krita.lib.pigment:       "SSE4.1"       ---      yes
krita.lib.pigment:       "AVX "         ---      yes
No "Breeze" available.
No "Oxygen" available.
Setting XDG_DATA_DIRS "/Volumes/Krita | Digital Painting, Creative Freedom/krita.app/Contents/share//share"
KoJsonTrader will load its plugins from "/Volumes/Krita | Digital Painting, Creative Freedom/krita.app/Contents/PlugIns/kritaplugins"
        falling back on QIcon::FromTheme: "document-properties"
libpng warning: iCCP: too many profiles
libpng warning: iCCP: too many profiles
libpng warning: iCCP: too many profiles
libpng warning: iCCP: too many profiles
        falling back on QIcon::FromTheme: "list-add-user"
        falling back on QIcon::FromTheme: "list-remove-user"
        falling back on QIcon::FromTheme: "list-add-user"
        falling back on QIcon::FromTheme: "list-remove-user"

Boudewijn: it looks like you're using the Fusion theme, the native theme didn't work properly? Regardless, I'd strongly suggest offering a theme setting that doesn't apply any colour palette at all.

I also see I should try to build this with my own MacPorts packaging approach, I'm surprised I am not seeing any QCocoaMenuItem errors at all, did you find a way around them or do you use each menu action (item) only once in a single menu?