[KDE/Mac] first krita 3.0 pre-alpha app bundle

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 13 21:51:33 UTC 2016

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016, Jeremy Whiting wrote:

> Boudewijn,
>
> A quick test installation on my mac mini running El Capitan it seems
> to work. I noticed that the rectangle tool and Ellipse tool don't show
> anything on the screen until I release the mouse cursor for some
> reason though. (Maybe that's how they are supposed to work, I've never
> used krita before even on linux tbh...)

That's the opengl problem: if you disable opengl in the settings dialog,
display tab, it'll work. The problem is, we paint those things using QPainter.
QPainter on an OpenGL widget uses the QPainter OpenGL 2 engine, which uses
OpenGL v2. Apple, in its infinite wisdom has decided that people should
migrate to its Metal API, and so only supports the Core Profiles of OpenGL.

In order to combine the OpenGL 3 extensions with the OpenGL 2-based QPainter
Engine, the Compatibility Profile is needed. Since Apple doesn't provide
a Compatibility Profile, we're going to have to do a lot of rewriting...

Also, right-click should show a round palette with brushes and a color
selector. That, for the same reason, doesn't work either...

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org