[KDE/Mac] [OS X] adding a link module to all KF5 targets

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 12:45:56 UTC 2015

And another "one more thing":
Back when we attempted a first Qt code review, the proposed change was rejected in large part because some Qt devs were against implementing a patch that was only for the benefit of KF5 apps and something that was presented too much as a KF5 issue. IIRC, the message was "fix it on your own end".

This might actually argue for a (standalone!) "Freedesktop compliance" KF5 framework that provides the logic to flip a switch built into Qt O:-)

More to the point, it means we'll have to be a bit careful that whatever solution we come up with isn't too exclusive to KF5, if we want to hope that the required QSP patch will go into Qt at some point.
Which probably shouldn't be too much of an issue because there must be enough pure Qt (or LXQt?) applications that don't use KF5 but still want to rely on Freedesktop conventions through QSP. Or so I presume?