[KDE/Mac] Question about goal of Windows/Mac frameworks

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Thu Oct 22 20:43:50 UTC 2015

Yeah, if we go that direction on mac it would be fine for bundled Qt,
but not for shared Qt. It would make all applications that use qt5-mac
or qt5-kde or whatnot use linuxy paths or not. It's a runtime switch,
so not very helpful if you've installed stuff to linuxy paths and then
let the user choose to toggle it and fail to find all the resources
needed. It sounds like a good solution for embedding a copy of Qt next
to each application for windows use (and maybe for osx use too if
resources don't make it completely unneccessary), but not for the
macports shared Qt case.