[KDE/Mac] Question about goal of Windows/Mac frameworks

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Thu Oct 22 06:39:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

>>> yes, the following patch
>>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:rhabacker:branches:windows:mingw:win32:Qt54/mingw32-libqt5-qtbase/qt5-qstandardpath-data-location.patch?expand=0
>>> is a workaround to fix some of the issues.
>> That's why Christoph is saying: "unless you patch again Qt to look in
>> non-standard locations.".
> umbrello for example depends on about 50 other libraries and packages
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:rhabacker:branches:windows:mingw:win32:KF511.
> Not patching Qt requires to repack every single package :-(, by either
> hacking the cmake build system to use different install locations or to
> reorder the installed files after cmake installing.
>
> Having Qt support for "standard linux path layout" for example by
> extending qt.conf to support QStandardPath (qt.conf is already required
> for KDE on Windows) shortcuts this repackaging need completly.
I at least fixed already all frameworks required by the current Kate build (beside that KIO slave don't work atm and I guess
I missed 1-2 files still not in resources):

kconfig
kguiaddons
ki18n
kitemviews
sonnet
kwindowsystem
kwidgetsaddons
kcompletion
kdbusaddons
karchive
kcoreaddons
kjobwidgets
kcrash
kservice
kcodecs
kauth
kconfigwidgets
kiconthemes
ktextwidgets
kglobalaccel
kxmlgui
kbookmarks
solid
kio
kparts
ktexteditor

That means they now by "default" just work, if you use the master branch.
More frameworks to go, for sure, but that is really doable ;=)

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com