[KDE/Mac] Building Guide? ;)

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 11:16:08 UTC 2015

On 05/10/2015, at 4:55 PM, Marko Käning wrote:

> Hi Samuel,
>
> On 04 Oct 2015, at 21:46 , Samuel Gaist <samuel.gaist at kde.org> wrote:
>> On a side question, is there any list of KF5 packages that doesn't make sense to build on OS X ?
>
> for KF5 version 5.13 I was able to successfully build all frameworks - omitting (Modem|Network)ManagerQt.
>
> However, on OSX not all are really usable. You may want to check out comments regarding that on [1], which
> mentions BluezQt, (Modem|Network)ManagerQt, KCrash (!), KPty, Baloo, KDESu and KGlobalAccel.
>
> But:
>
> 1) That KCrash is listed in there is quite irritating for me… ( @ Ian !!!??? )

That would be wrong, but I am unable/unwilling to get involved any further.

KCrash in its simplest form fields a Unix signal, does some checks and cleanups,
then forks DrKonqi.  The preferred form is to send a message to kdeinit, which
then gets DrKonqi launched independently and without a possible corrupted
stack or heap from the crashed app.  The second form does not work in OS X.