[KDE/Mac] kdeinit5 on OS X

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 19:45:07 UTC 2015

Aleix Pol wrote:

> I also don't see why you'd want kdeinit in a bundle. But then I'm not

There used to be a time when a connection to the windowserver indeed required
(or was much easier to get, or worked better) if the application lived in an
appbundle, and there *may* still be conditions under which that's preferable. A
requirement to start an application through LaunchServices would be one, but I
don't think that applies here

> very knowledgeable about OS X. Maybe ask kde-mac at kde.org?

I'm rather certain that the people on kde-mac don't have a lot more experience
with KF5 than I have, but you're right I should have cross-posted.