[KDE/Mac] Apple Mac server (was Another round of success)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri May 29 16:35:24 UTC 2015

On Friday May 29 2015 08:48:38 Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> I built my own Fussion drive by installing a Samsung 500 GB SSD and a Samsung 2 TB HDD into my Mini. There are drive kits for my model Mini specifically for this. The OS X Disk Utility program provides the Fussion drive option when there is a SSD and HDD present. It is a quick and easy process.

So I was making a fuss about nothing, eh? :)
You're right, I did find that out myself (that kit, isn't that just the kit to install 2 2.5" HDDs in a Mini?).

I also recall that you cannot partition the resulting hybrid drive to your liking; basically it only supports an OS X and an optional BootCamp partition, in addition to the (hidden) Recovery partition. Do I at least recall that correctly?