[KDE/Mac] Another round of success

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 26 10:25:46 UTC 2015

On Tuesday May 26 2015 11:55:23 Mario Fux wrote:

I haven't been hearing anything about the QStandardPaths issue for a while. Should I consider it solved or worked around, and thus a waste of my time to continue thinking about the draft patch I've included with my qt5-mac-devel MacPorts port?

> So does anybody know a good source for new Apple hardware for KDE? Please tell
> us if you've an idea.

Are you aware that Apple provides refurbished machines through its online store?

Alternatively, find a nice Mac Pro alu tower from before the latest design round, and put in a big-bore proven Hackintoshable motherboard. The OS X EULA states it may only be run on Mac hardware, but I am not sure it stipulates exactly what that means. Heck, maybe you could use an old Mac II pizza box as support for any kind of Hackintosh, you'd still be running "on" Mac hardware ;)