[KDE/Mac] generating extra documentation (port:kdelibs4)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:18:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

I thought it'd be nice to have the kdelibs4 documentation in Qt help (.qch) format. It is available online, but seriously outdated and will of course not reflect any OS X specific changes that we made.

There is a script in the doc/api directory that generates this documentation file, but it hogs the computer for over an hour. My initial thought had been to generate it unconditionally if the user selects the +docs variant, but not when there is so much overhead. What alternatives are there? I could create a subport, but that would still cause this documentation to be rebuilt each time an update is pushed and the user does an `upgrade outdated`, which seems overkill to me. If it were just me I'd let the generation depend on the presence of a specific env. variable, in the +docs variant; would that be acceptable?