[KDE/Mac] The meinproc4 segfault is finally REPRODUCIBLE

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu May 7 10:26:15 UTC 2015

On 07/05/2015, at 6:36 PM, Marko Käning wrote:
> On 07 May 2015, at 10:21 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There we have it, I guess.
>> So a cache file is created that always has the same name, really? If someone
>> can point me to where meinproc4 makes that mistake I'll see what I can do
>> about it and propose a patch.

Nope.  But if René can suggest some  locking-code to insert early in meinproc's
main program, that would be helpful.

> in this thread and in the related ticket we were discussing this and the
> result was, that it isn’t a simple double-use of a cache file. At least
> not the one specified on the command line.

The --cache parameter on the meinproc command-line is misleading.  It
actually specifies a compressed output file in which html pages are stored
against the day when a user may ask to view the <appname> Handbook.

> I just realised that the submitter of that issue still needs to build +docs.
> Perhaps this will produce the crash on his end…
>
> We’ll see.
>
> For now I am inclined to leave this as is and offer a non-default docs variant
> also for port kmymoney4.

Cheers, Ian W.