[KDE/Mac] The meinproc4 segfault is finally REPRODUCIBLE

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed May 6 23:47:48 UTC 2015

On Thursday May 07 2015 09:15:22 Ian Wadham wrote:

Hi,

> > he verified that building only one job at a time solves this issue.
>
> Good to hear.
>
> > What next?

Supposing this is only about meinproc4 and given how old the code apparently is, I'd not spend a lot of time on it myself. Rather, I'd try to find a suitable solution that makes sure not more than 1 meinproc4 process is active for a given project (or on the system). A lock file approach that blocks a new instance as long as an already running instance hasn't terminated should do the trick.

I presume you've seen backtraces showing where the crash occurs, and also know if it's always the same process (the newer or the older) process that crashes? If the crash occurs in code processing a temp file that both processes try to access, locking that file would probably even be the proper fix...

Have fun, and here's to "it" not being a Heisenbug ;)