[KDE/Mac] KDE4/KF5 header clash? ( No luck with building KF5/Frameworks)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 10:31:21 UTC 2015

On Tuesday March 24 2015 20:52:41 Ian Wadham wrote:

>>> The problem is kde4libs support: that framework conflicts with the regular
>>> kde4 headers.
>
>One way out of this might be to exclude kdelibs4support from Frameworks/KF5 on MacPorts,
>on the principle that, by the time a KF5 app reaches us it should have been fully ported to
>Frameworks.  Leastways, Laurent Montel has been porting KDE Games apps in two stages,

That would be a possibility, and something to try. Let's just hope we're not going to be needing that framework "extra much" on OS X!

>I wonder if we could try using CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH.  I might give it a go in the next day
>or two, when I can find some time,  See http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables.

I don't really see how that's going to help: it just adds component(s) to the search path, but I don't think it will allow you to tell the compiler "for this header, look here and not in the standard location". Because I think that's simply impossible.
What will help here, though, is "trace mode", which will hide the conflicting files.