[KDE/Mac] about the kde4_add_plugin macro, and shared vs. module building

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 19:32:05 UTC 2015

On Monday March 09 2015 19:07:10 David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 07 March 2015 20:28:39 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> >  we'll bump into a case where a plugin is also used as a shared library
>
> This is not allowed because it's not portable, as you noticed.

Are there other OSes where this doesn't work by definition? On OS X it's only when you create a plugin using -bundle which in turn is probably required only if you don't want to roll your own loading code to access the host application's functions.

> Move the code into a (new) shared lib, and link to it from both the plugin and
> the test executable.

Thanks David. CC'ing this to the Calligra devel ML, as the "perpetrator" should be somewhere on there ;)