[KDE/Mac] building kio on Mac

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 21:40:30 UTC 2015

On Sunday June 07 2015 22:20:49 Alex Merry wrote:

> I'm not sure that's possible, at least not in a way that doesn't risk breaking
> more than it fixes.

Well, as I hinted at earlier, one possibility would be to link in an additional module that just instantiates a dedicated class in a global variable that calls a QSP class function. As long as that module doesn't do anything else that could interfere with other stuff there should be little risk.

As long as this only has to be done on OS X we might be able to exploit the fact that there is basically only a single compiler that will be used.

> But it's worth investigating, at least - you're right that
> it would make most sense to have the behaviour of QSP set based on the
> installation type.

Ah, some agreement, that's an encouraging sign :)