[KDE/Mac] "mac" style and wrong layout under Qt5/KF5?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 22:39:18 UTC 2015

Hi Marko and René,

On 20/01/2015, at 8:12 AM, Marko Käning wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2015, at 22:07 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think we can call it KF5's standard Aqua style,
>> it's a style that is provided purely by Qt, like Fusion, CDE etc.
>> But it's clear that KDE misunderstands something about it.
>
> ok.
>
>> Any idea who would be the KDE "guru" to ping about this?
>
> No idea. We need Mario to tell us!!!
>                 ^^^^^

Now that we are finding the same or similar bugs in KF5/Qt5 as
we did in KDE 4, it is time to go in through the FRONT door, i.e.
post a bug report, with screenshots, on Bugzilla.

Maybe Mario can tell us what "product" to post it against, where
it will be seen by Frameworks or KF5 maintainers…  Reporting
against KCalc might not work, because there might be no
current maintainer… and even if there is, he/she would have
to reassign the report up the line anyway...

There can be no more excuses about people being far too busy
on Frameworks, not having access to an Apple Mac for testing or
KDE 4 being no longer released…  This is the moment when the
Apple OS X platform starts to be properly supported by the KDE
Community and the software it produces.

All the best, Ian W.

P.S.
It would not hurt to let an insider know that the bug report exists… ;-)