[KDE/Mac] phonon vs qtmultimedia

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 22:16:29 UTC 2015

On Wednesday January 14 2015 14:35:10 Jeremy Whiting wrote:

> I'm using phonon4qt5 built from git with kdesrc-build. I've fixed
> phonon-vlc to build on mac and have tried that but it crashes with an
> assertion in QList :*) I'll try gstreamer from macports and
> phonon-gstreamer from git next.

port:phonon is at https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46552
port:phonon-backend-gstreamer is at https://trac.macports.org/ticket/46558

I've added a variant to port:phonon to build the included demos, and they run but do nothing, except for printing a message about GLib not having an event loop that comes from PulseAudio. After deactivating PulseAudio and rebuilding phonon, the message is gone, but the demos' behaviour unchanged.