[KDE/Mac] phonon vs qtmultimedia

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Tue Jan 13 00:49:09 UTC 2015

Fellow mac people, I've got 2 questions re kf5/qt5 applications on OS X.

1. How do I build qt5 with the multimedia bits it needs to work? I don't
see anything multimedia specific in configure --help output besides
-no-pulseaudio. Is there some specific QtMultimedia backend I need to
enable somehow for sound to work.

2. Is phonon usable on OS X with qt5? phonon itself builds now, but
phonon-vlc needed a small change to build and crashes when trying to use
it. phonon-quicktime is in unmaintained. Is there a working phonon backend
for osx?

thanks,
Jeremy