[KDE/Mac] dbus 1.8.12 vs 1.8.14

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 21:15:08 UTC 2015

On Sunday January 11 2015 21:46:26 Marko Käning wrote:
Hi,

Actually, there's a simpler and more elegant solution that I found.
I wondered why this was never an issue with Qt4 nor Qt5.3.2, and why the configure output said "Auto-configuring dbus" only to fail (which is why I thought I needed a newer dbus version).

Turns out the configure script on OS X will not use pkg-config by default; adding -force-pkg-config to the configure incantation corrects that, and means you can skip the header path specification.
(To be honest, I only started looking into that when I saw that otherwise I'd have to add the path to the glib library explicitly, probably adding a dependency to each and every binary produced.)

Cheers,
René