[KDE/Mac] dbus 1.8.12 vs 1.8.14

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 15:26:30 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

Qt 5.3.2 "concurrent" isn't yet out in MacPorts yet, and I'm already looking at bumping to Qt 5.4 because (from what I'm told) that won't break existing binaries.

However, the configure step fails to find the dbus.h header or complains the dbus version (in not so certain terms, in that case):

#include <dbus/dbus.h>
         ^
1 error generated.
Makefile:231: recipe for target 'dbus.o' failed
gmake: *** [dbus.o] Error 1
D-Bus disabled.
The Qt D-Bus module cannot be enabled because libdbus-1 version 1.2 was not found.

I have /opt/local/include/dbus-1.0/dbus/dbus.h

MacPorts is at 1.8.12; googling the issue I saw that Qt 5.4 apparently requires 1.8.14 .

Can I update dbus from .12 to .14 without risking breakage of current applications (KDE4 ...)?

Or is this the same issue that Jeremy or Christopher ran into recently?

Cheers,
René