[KDE/Mac] QStandardPaths possible solution

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jan 9 08:09:11 UTC 2015

On Thursday 08 January 2015 19:54:54 Jeremy Whiting wrote:

>   "QLibraryInfo::location(QLibraryInfo::LibraryLocation)", referenced from:

That's because in bootstrap mode (the subset of qtcore used by moc, uic etc.)
not all of QtCore is available. QStandardPaths is part of the boostrap lib,
but QLibraryInfo isn't.

Solution 1: including QLibraryInfo in bootstrap mode
Solution 2: excluding your new code from bootstrap mode.

Given that moc and uic etc. don't need QStandardPaths I would suggest solution
2:  #ifndef QT_BOOTSTRAPPED around your call to QLibraryInfo.

(I looked at the git logs and QStandardPaths was added to bootstrap lib "in
order to be able to boostrap lupdate", but that way of building lupdate
(CONFIG+=force_bootstrap) seems partly broken, it still links to
Qt5QmlDevTools and Qt5Core).

Working on KDE Frameworks 5