[KDE/Mac] QStandardPaths possible solution

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Fri Jan 9 01:44:29 UTC 2015

Jeremy,

On 09 Jan 2015, at 01:29 , David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> On Friday 09 January 2015 00:05:28 Marko Käning wrote:
>>> PS: the last patch I saw didn't use XDG_CONFIG_DIRS, don't you want that
>>> as  well?
>>
>> We don’t need this for the CI system, which is why Jeremy did not include it
>> in  the current QSP patch. But it is no problem to re-insert the code from
>> my older QSP patch, if you think we should go for this right way.
>
> I think it would be pretty inconsistent to support one and not the other - and
> the CI doesn't test everything ;) some apps won't find their installed config
> files (for the few that do pre-install something), without this in QSP.

will you include this code in your to-be-submitted patch:
---
    // http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/latest/
    const QString xdgConfigDirs = QFile::decodeName(qgetenv("XDG_CONFIG_DIRS"));

    switch (type) {
    case ConfigLocation:
    case GenericConfigLocation:
        if (!xdgConfigDirs.isEmpty())
            dirs = xdgConfigDirs.split(QLatin1Char(':'));
        break;
---
for QStandardPaths::standardLocations(StandardLocation type)!

Sorry, there it is again, my switch statement. :)

Thanks,