[KDE/Mac] QStandardPaths possible solution

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 12:57:15 UTC 2015

On Thursday 08 January 2015 21:39:26 Ian Wadham wrote:
> Now can we stop arguing about semantics and angels on pins and discuss
> something really important

If you don't want my feedback here on a QStandardPaths patch, you'll get it
whenever it's submitted to Qt. I was asked to give my input on the patch
before it goes to gerrit, so that's what I did. But if you tell me this
feedback isn't wanted here, I can repeat the same in gerrit, whatever.

>  And is kinit really going to be abolished?

Nothing's for sure yet, it's a complex topic that requires investigation.
An interesting discussion to have, but definitely off-topic in a thread about
QStandardPaths.
I'm starting to be a little bit annoyed that whenever we are discussing one
problem, someone raises the other 20 unsolved problems on Mac. This isn't
helping, why not solve one issue at a time, than feel the weight of all the
unsolved stuff all the time?

>  Or was that just David Faure thinking aloud on IRC?

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5