[KDE/Mac] QStandardPaths possible solution

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 21:03:40 UTC 2015

On Wednesday January 07 2015 21:31:28 Marko Käning wrote:

> I believe we should leave the standard path set to the XDG-compliant one (i.e. /usr/local/share)
> and on MacPorts replace “/usr/local” against $prefix in the qt5-mac Portfile!
>
> What do you guys think?

I think the hardcoded string should be set at configure time. If you do it properly (#define FAKE_XDG_STANDARDPATH "/where/ever"), you can even  provide a default configure set-up where the code behaves exactly as it does now:

#ifdef FAKE_XDG_STANDARDPATH
    //prepend the hardcoded XDG-inspired standardpath FAKE_XDG_STANDARDPATH
#endif
    // define the default standardpath for this platform

This adds a bit of complexity, but having a default configuration that just has some additional lines without effect should make acceptance easier, I guess.