[KDE/Mac] OS X observations

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 22:05:31 UTC 2015

On Sunday January 04 2015 22:03:56 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

> GEMINI was not (yet?) added, as it only targets special kind of hardware
> (convertible notebooks), which is not yet widespread and typical, so...

It runs, but I get this:
---
> /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/calligragemini.app/Contents/MacOS/calligragemini
calligragemini(93444)/KZip KZip::openArchive: Invalid ZIP file. Unexpected end of file.
Failed completely to find a preview for "/Users/bertin/Documents/OsiriX Data/ReportTemplate.doc"
calligragemini(93444)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::query: KoDocumentEntry::query  "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text"  got  2  offers!
"Calligra Author Component"
"Calligra Word Processing Component"
Unable to load Words plugin, aborting!
Unable to load Words plugin, aborting!
Unable to load Words plugin, aborting!
Unable to load Words plugin, aborting!
calligragemini(93444)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::query: KoDocumentEntry::query  "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text"  got  2  offers!
"Calligra Author Component"
"Calligra Word Processing Component"
Unable to load Words plugin, aborting!
Unable to load Words plugin, aborting!
Unable to load Words plugin, aborting!
Unable to load Words plugin, aborting!
KCrash: Application 'calligragemini' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /opt/local/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi.app/Contents/MacOS/drkonqi directly
---

The crash occurs when I use the Quit menu to exit the otherwise hung application. Not sure if the backtrace is of particular interest given what happens before, and the fact that the app is not really at its place on OS X.
DrKonqi behaves correctly here.

> Nothing else missing, from what I saw. All desktop-type-of-device-oriented
> apps (besides Kexi) listed + plugins for Okular and filemanager (not sure how
> filemanager plugins are useful though, perhaps only with Dolphin & similar).

The plugins appear to work fine in Dolphin.

----
> /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/calligraplan.app/Contents/MacOS/calligraplan
plan(93569)/kplato: KPluginFactory could not load the plugin: "plantjscheduler"
plan(93569)/kplato KPlato::Project::load: No timezone specified, using default (local)
plan(93569)/kplato KPlato::StandardWorktime::load: Old format, calendar in standard worktime
plan(93569)/kplato KPlato::StandardWorktime::load: Tries to load anyway
plan(93569)/kplato KPlato::Calendar::load: No timezone specified, use default (local)
plan(93569)/kdeui (KAction) KActionCollection::setComponentData: this does not work on a KActionCollection containing actions!
plan(93569)/kplato KPlato::View::View:  Error loading plugin was : ErrNoLibrary "Could not find plugin 'Plan Scripting Plugin' for application 'plan'"
DateTimeGrid::setDayWidth 30
DateTimeGrid::setDayWidth 30
Kross: "Loading the interpreter library for qtscript"
Kross: "Successfully loaded Interpreter instance from library."
KCrash: Application 'calligraplan' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /opt/local/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi.app/Contents/MacOS/drkonqi directly
drkonqi(93593)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): No time zone information obtained from ktimezoned

I opened the 8h/40h week template. The crash occurs when I click on the task status report selector, and I get a misbehaving DrKonqi so I can't even get the backtrace. Plan will also need a patch to put the "Configure Plan" action under the Preferences menu item.

--
calligrastage: works fine as far as I can tell, even the presenter display on the secondary display (my laptop's LCD panel)!

---
>/Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/karbon.app/Contents/MacOS/karbon
karbon(93738)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::query: KoDocumentEntry::query  "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics"  got  2  offers!
"Calligra Flowchart & Diagram Editing Component"
"Calligra Scalable Graphics Component"
karbon(93738)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::query: KoDocumentEntry::query  "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics"  got  2  offers!
"Calligra Flowchart & Diagram Editing Component"
"Calligra Scalable Graphics Component"

---
/Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/calligraflow.app/Contents/MacOS/calligraflow
flow(93788)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::query: KoDocumentEntry::query  "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics"  got  2  offers!
"Calligra Flowchart & Diagram Editing Component"
"Calligra Scalable Graphics Component"
flow(93788)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::query: KoDocumentEntry::query  "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics"  got  2  offers!
"Calligra Flowchart & Diagram Editing Component"
"Calligra Scalable Graphics Component"
flow(93788)/kdeui (KAction) KActionCollection::setComponentData: this does not work on a KActionCollection containing actions!
2015-01-04 22:52:48.290 calligraflow[93788:303] modalSession has been exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:
flow(93788)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::query: KoDocumentEntry::query  "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics"  got  2  offers!
"Calligra Flowchart & Diagram Editing Component"
"Calligra Scalable Graphics Component"
flow(93788)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::query: KoDocumentEntry::query  "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics"  got  2  offers!
"Calligra Flowchart & Diagram Editing Component"
"Calligra Scalable Graphics Component"
KCrash: Application 'calligraflow' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /opt/local/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi.app/Contents/MacOS/drkonqi directly
---

I think this explains why Karbon (still) masquerades as Flow, but not why Flow masquerades as Karbon (the component order is the same).
The crash happens when I close a modified document discarding its changes, and again gives a misbehaving DrKonqi.

------
> /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/krita.app/Contents/MacOS/krita
krita(93811) KisImageConfig::totalRAM: Cannot get the size of your RAM. Using default value of 1GiB.
krita(93811) KisImageConfig::totalRAM: Cannot get the size of your RAM. Using default value of 1GiB.
krita(93811) KisImageConfig::totalRAM: Cannot get the size of your RAM. Using default value of 1GiB.
libpng warning: iCCP: too many profiles
libpng warning: iCCP: too many profiles
libpng warning: iCCP: too many profiles
libpng warning: iCCP: too many profiles
OpenGL version 1.1 or higher is present.
OpenGL version 1.2 or higher is present.
OpenGL version 1.3 or higher is present.
OpenGL version 1.4 or higher is present.
OpenGL version 1.5 or higher is present.
OpenGL version 2.0 or higher is present.
OpenGL version 2.1 or higher is present.
krita(93811)/koffice (lib komain) KoRuler::createGuideToolConnection: No guides tool found, skipping connection
krita(93811)/koffice (lib komain) KoRuler::createGuideToolConnection: No guides tool found, skipping connection

WARNING: We didn't manage to switch off VSync on your graphics adapter.
WARNING: It means either your hardware or driver doesn't support it,
WARNING: or we just don't know about this hardware. Please report us a bug
WARNING: with the output of 'glxinfo' for your card.

WARNING: Trying to workaround it by disabling Double Buffering.
WARNING: You may see some flickering when painting with some tools. It doesn't
WARNING: affect the quality of the final image, though.

Could not find sync functions, disabling sync notification.
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
QGLContext::makeCurrent: Cannot make invalid context current
QGLContext::makeCurrent: Cannot make invalid context current
QGLContext::makeCurrent: Cannot make invalid context current
QGLContext::makeCurrent: Cannot make invalid context current
QGLContext::makeCurrent: Cannot make invalid context current
QGLContext::makeCurrent: Cannot make invalid context current
QGLContext::makeCurrent: Cannot make invalid context current
QGLContext::makeCurrent: Cannot make invalid context current
QGLContext::makeCurrent: Cannot make invalid context current
QGLContext::makeCurrent: Cannot make invalid context current
CRITICAL: According to statistics of the KisTileDataStore some tiles have leaked from the Krita control!
CRITICAL: Tiles in memory: 2280 Total tiles: 2280

---

Asking for glxinfo output isn't really appropriate on OS X ;)

I remember there were OpenGL issues the previous time I tried Krita, and someone helped me look into them. I clearly left OGL activated in my settings, and I notice nothing strange at the moment (just moving an image and scaling it, 2 things that led to flicker and artefacts before). But then I'm running a much newer OS version.

------
braindump doesn't get a Configure/Preferences action, is that to be expected?