[KDE/Mac] OS X observations

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Jan 3 12:16:33 UTC 2015

Hi Yue,

thanks for your answer. Some more question below:

Am Samstag, 3. Januar 2015, 03:56:26 schrieb Yue Liu:
> > Hi,

> > > Then why isn't it included in the OS X product set?
> >
> > BTW, the OS X product set is an abuse of the product set system. Actually
> > things not building on OS X (or other platforms) should be disabled in the
> > central CMakeLists.txt in section "Detect which products/features can be
> > compiled".
> >
> > Yue did this for some reason I forgot, I just remember I did not want to
> > stop any energy that was flowing at that time :) Yue, can you help me and
> > tell what the reason was?
>
> At that time something in Sheets cannot be compiled by Clang because
> it used GNU C/C++.

Could someone check if that is still the case?

Yue, do you also remember why you left out Calligra Plan from the set?

Actually, now that I thought a little bit more about it, the "OSX" productset
makes some sense, as it specifies all the products & features that make sense
on that platform (e.g. CalligraActive does not). Similar to how the "ACTIVE"
productset specifies what makes sense for the Plasma Active platform. So I
would like to repull my claim about the "abuse", sorry. And propose to keep it
around, or rather, no longer propose to remove it :)

Still, anything that does not compile on the platform (but should), should
only be disabled in section "Detect which products/features can be compiled".
So that is something I will change.

Cheers
Friedrich