[KDE/Mac] Multiplatform frameworks

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 13:54:51 UTC 2015

On February 28, 2015 1:20:27 PM CET, Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting at kde.org> wrote:

>Then data will all be under ~/Library/Application Support/Qt5/appname ?

I think Ian's idea was not to use the appname bit (for stuff shared with other apps).

>that's a bit cleaner, but why would Qt/KDE applications need to use a
>namespace like that when apple's own applications don't? Here I see

They don't. They don't even *have* to use /Library/Application Support...

>directly, they all use a subfolder of it, otherwise we would see
>application data files in /usr/share on linux which isn't recommended
>either.

Which just means that patching to use ${prefix} should be straightforward O:^)

>Which of those are using Qt or QStandardPaths though?

Few, and none from the Gnome/GTk universe I presume. Which is exactly my point. If they were all using Qt we could do what we want, but as it is we would either have to patch all those other apps. Or align ourselves to tried and true solutions ...