[KDE/Mac] Multiplatform frameworks

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Thu Feb 26 05:32:19 UTC 2015

Hi Jeremy,

On 26 Feb 2015, at 03:10 , Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting at kde.org> wrote:

> DCMAKE_INSTALL_DATADIR="/Users/jeremy/Library/Application Support/“

this all reminds me of my first encounters with David. He also instructed me to not
rely on a CI-specific QSP patch, but instead on using the above.

I tried exactly that in the beginning, but quickly ran - as you showed it yourself now -
into trouble.

My CI scripts back then put all their data files (as well as those created during tests
in a dedicated folder structure:
---
$ tree /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/system/
/opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/system/
├── Cache
│   ├── icon-cache.kcache
│   ├── kiocore-jobtestL47754.slave-socket
│   ├── kiocore-jobtestL57245.slave-socket
│   ├── kiocore-jobtestL70893.slave-socket
│   ├── ksycoca5
│   ├── ksycoca5stamp
│   └── myTestCache.kcache
│   ├── fake_nonkde_application.desktop
│   ├── fake_textplain_application.desktop
│   ├── fakearkapplication.desktop
│   ├── fakecsrcmswordapplication.desktop
│   ├── fakedefaulttextapplication.desktop
│   ├── fakehtmlapplication.desktop
│   ├── fakejpegapplication.desktop
│   ├── fakepfx
│   │   ├── fakehtmlapplicationpfx.desktop
│   │   └── faketextapplicationpfx.desktop
│   └── faketextapplication.desktop
└── Library
    ├── Application\ Support
    │   ├── QtProject
    │   │   └── Assistant
    │   │       ├── assistant.qch.5.3
    │   │       └── qthelpcollection_5.3.1.qhc
    │   ├── kconf_update
    │   │   └── test.sh
    │   ├── kfileplaces
    │   │   ├── bookmarks.xml
    │   │   ├── bookmarks.xml.bak
    │   │   └── bookmarks.xml.tbcache
    │   ├── kiowidgets-jobguitest
    │   │   └── kiotests
    │   ├── kservices5
    │   │   ├── fakepatchpart.desktop
    │   │   ├── faketextpart.desktop
    │   │   └── faketextplugin.desktop
    │   ├── kstars
    │   └── stalefiles
    │       └── qttest
    ├── Application\ Supportuser-places.xbel
    ├── Application\ Supportuser-places.xbel.bak
    ├── Application\ Supportuser-places.xbel.tbcache
    └── Preferences
        ├── autostart
        ├── globalcleanuptest2rc
        ├── globalcleanuptestrc
        ├── kalgebrarc
        ├── katepartrc
        ├── katescriptingrc
        ├── kconf_updaterc
        ├── kconfigafterkglobaltest
        ├── kconfigafterkglobaltestrc
        ├── kconfiggui-kconfigskeletontestrc
        ├── kconfigskeletontestrc
        ├── kconfigtest
        ├── kdebugrc
        ├── ktimezonedrc
        ├── newrc
        ├── oldrc
        └── testrc
---

but…

Well, I didn’t get much help back then.

Good to see that you’re tackling this now more knowledgeably from CMake’s end.