[KDE/Mac] KDE developers discussing move to Qt 5.4

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sun Feb 15 15:50:42 UTC 2015

Hi Ian,

On 15 Feb 2015, at 00:52 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> Several of the games are still half-ported to KF5.  That is, they are still using
> the KDE 4 Support module.  That includes all of my games, I think, including
> KGoldrunner.  Laurent and Albert are working through the fully-ported ones
> ATM and merging the KF5 versions to master one by one.

I know.

> So those are the ones that most need testing.

I have given a comprehensive list of my tests of all projects. No feedback
so far. I guess this is because there is still quite a bit of work needed
to get the merging done and the fixes in even for Linux, before anyone can
think of OSX.

> I think Kate is one of those apps that use every bell and whistle in KDE,
> so is likely to fall foul of problems with kdeinit5, klauncher5 and friends.
> Leastwise that is the impression I have of it.

Yeah, that might be true. There’s still quite a lot ahead of us! :-)