[KDE/Mac] Cross-platform with kdeinit5, klauncher5, kded5 and friends

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Fri Feb 13 23:51:06 UTC 2015

Hi Jeremy and Ian,

I just wanted to write about that I can’t start filelight successfully on OSX/CI and then
I saw this text about filelight's kpart:

On 31 Jan 2015, at 03:24 , Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting at kde.org> wrote:
> As for KParts and services I think most of those come from either kservices5, kservicetypes5. I'm not sure if those sets of data are cached by kbuildsycoca5 or not, but they aren't by the code path that's taking a while on osx currently (VFolder::loadApplications). For example filelight which has a kpart has installed /usr/local/share/kservices5/filelightpart.desktop here. As for services I think those are all defined as dbus services in $PREFIX/share/dbus/services/*.service

How can we achieve that filelight searches for it’s kpart's desktop file in the right
location, being here on the OSX/CI system at

  /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/kde/kdeutils/filelight/inst/share/kservices5/filelightpart.desktop

???

KService should be able to find the part
---
    KService::Ptr service = KService::serviceByDesktopName(QStringLiteral("filelightpart"));
---
as I deliberately pass on the XDG_DATA_DIRS env var containing also

	/opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/kde/kdeutils/filelight/inst/share

but I wonder why KService still can’t seem to find it.

How to debug this?