[KDE/Mac] Cross-platform with kdeinit5, klauncher5, kded5 and friends

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Thu Feb 12 00:39:22 UTC 2015

Ian,

I took a look at kdelibs4 in macports and
https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/kde/kdelibs4/files/workaround-kdeinit4-crash.patch
looks particularly interesting to what we are trying to fix here.
Especially it's use of a separate executable (helperExe) to launch
klauncher with. If you think this could be a possible solution I can look
into reworking this patch to work with what's in kf5's kinit, with proper
#ifdef Q_OS_OSX and such (or once you get qt5 to build you can take a crack
at it if you like). What do you think?

BR,
Jeremy