[KDE/Mac] Cross-platform with kdeinit5, klauncher5, kded5 and friends

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Wed Feb 11 23:02:49 UTC 2015

Hey all, I looked into this a bit further today with David's idea to
completely ignore the handle_requests and found another issue.

In Console.app I see this error:
2/11/15 3:53:53.155 PM kdeinit5: klauncher --fd=8[60704]: Process 60703 was
forked to 60704 without calling exec(). This is not supported by
FileManager. Aborting.

There's a method in kinit.cpp mac_fork_and_reexec_self with an explanation
saying we can't fork on OS X without also doing exec. Is this needed in
kinit's launch function also so when it launches klauncher OS X doesn't
kill it imediately?

BR,
Jeremy