[KDE/Mac] OSX/CI: qtcurve fails to build on branch master

Yichao Yu yyc1992 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 19:59:40 UTC 2015

On Feb 10, 2015 2:51 PM, "Marko Käning" <mk-lists at email.de> wrote:

> Hi René and Yichao,
>
> qtcurve currently fails here on my OSX/CI system:
> ---
> Building CXX object
lib/utils/CMakeFiles/qtcurve-utils.dir/x11helpers.cpp.o
> /Users/marko/WC/KDECI-builds/kf5-qt5/qtcurve/lib/utils/timer.cpp:27:8:
error: thread-local storage is unsupported for the current target
> static thread_local std::vector<uint64_t> qtc_tics;
>        ^
> 1 error generated.
> make[2]: *** [lib/utils/CMakeFiles/qtcurve-utils.dir/timer.cpp.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [lib/utils/CMakeFiles/qtcurve-utils.dir/all] Error 2
> ---
>
> Any idea how to solve this?

It fails on linux with libc++ too and when I search for the reason, I found
someone reporting something similar to what you have while others managed
to make it work. I know almost nothing about OSX so I don't really know how
to solve it but you can probably Google tje error message and see what
others says.

If there's really no way to make it work, which I doubt, I can use pthread
with much longer code....

Clang should support it though. At least they do on Linux.