[KDE/Mac] Potential blocker in kdeinit5 and klauncher5 on OS X

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Feb 8 09:24:43 UTC 2015

Well, if the conveyor and the coal digger work independently from each other,
then there is no reason for one to wait for the other. On Linux they are
connected, on Mac OS X they seem independent.

On Sunday 08 February 2015 15:12:11 Ian Wadham wrote:
> In any case, I would assume that "// Wait for klauncher to be ready" is
> there for a reason and the original author knew that, but unfortunately did
> not reveal it.  So how can we judge if that reason is valid today or not?

It made startup sequential, which is always easier to work with.
I already removed "wait for kded" further down because it doesn't fork on
startup anymore. I am quite confident that there is no reason to wait for
klauncher to be up and running, on OSX where kdeinit plays "fire and forget"
for klauncher (no further communication between the two).

Working on KDE Frameworks 5