[KDE/Mac] Help my confusion

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 23:53:34 UTC 2015

On Saturday February 07 2015 16:27:14 Jeremy Whiting wrote:

> /me hides, no I didn't though I did google _environ to see what that was.

It's probably the (global) variable that contains the env. variables.

> I thought it was a 64 bit machine, when it had snow leopard it was 64 bit I
> thought, apparently it isn't though. uname -a is showing i386 :/ I know

That kind of depends on how the kernel is loaded, but it's possible to run 64bit apps with a 32bit kernel. I think.
Looking at the cpu will give you a definitive answer.

> 32 bit drivers for video, but I didn't think the whole os was 32 bit, maybe
> I got the wrong installer or something somehow?

No, unless you got a hacked version that was stripped of its universal binaries...