[KDE/Mac] Potential blocker in kdeinit5 and klauncher5 on OS X

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 21:03:11 UTC 2015

On 07/02/2015, at 1:09 AM, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> Ok with your patch applied and those debug messages added I do see Requested klauncher to start, but I don't ever see KLauncher replied OK. I do after a bit see "Communication error with launcher, Exiting! as before. If I find some time today I'll dig into why this is happening, we'll see.

Looks like my patch in klauncher.cpp is not using the socket correctly.

I should not try to code blind… :-)  I must try and get Frameworks and Qt 5
running on my Macbook.

That message comes from kinit.cpp, launcher_died(), called from
handle_requests().  There seems to be an error-return from
handle_klauncher_request(), which has received an error-return from
read_socket().  The latter is the function which actually reads the socket.

If I overlooked anything obvious, please let me know.  Otherwise, it's
back to the drawing-board for me… :-)

Cheers, Ian W.