[KDE/Mac] klauncher & .desktop Execs

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 18:34:07 UTC 2015

On Friday December 25 2015 18:03:47 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

>So what I'd like to do as a last test is this:
>- leave the mechanism by which klauncher is started alone, as well as a few others (to be defined)
>- for everything else, use the fact that /usr/bin/open will spawn in the background, and call it via QProcess instead of a fork+exec protocol.
>
>Can I just do that in kinit::launch(), instead of (and before) the fork() call?

Answer: yes, and before the call to pipe() too.

First impression is that this works: applications open in the foreground (those that have an interface to come to the foreground of course).

But as I feared, klauncher exits some time after spawning a command, and is then relaunched. How can I avoid that?

Thanks,