[KDE/Mac] Fwd: Re: systemsettings, kde-cli-tools and other plasma components on non-Plasma/non-X11 platforms

mk-lists at mailbox.org mk-lists at mailbox.org
Thu Dec 24 16:30:05 UTC 2015

Hi John and all,

> On December 24, 2015 at 1:15 PM John Layt <jlayt at kde.org> wrote:
> The general consensus was that forcing
> Mac/Windows/Gnome users to install Systemsettings just to configure
> their
> standalone app was A Bad Thing (TM) and shouldn't be done.

if you check on [1] you'll see that systemsettings is a nice and easy way
to configure the widget style globally. See attachment!

If it would be possible to integrate - like René suggested - into OSX'
"System Preferences" a KDE icon which would then call KDE4's
systemsettings that would be really nice. I see here on my system stuff
like fuse-ext2, MacFUSE, GPGPreferences or "TeX Distribution" with their
own configuration icons and thus dialogs! :)

KDE4 and KF5 would fit in there nicely, I suppose! :)

Merry Christmas to you all,
Marko

[1]
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDEProblems/KDETickets#MajorlayoutissuesonOSX