[KDE/Mac] ktexteditor features and/or terminal error messages

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 22:16:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'd like an opinion from people using Kate (either directly or embedded in another application like KDevelop).

- Kate is built on the KTextEditor framework, which provides a lot of its functionality including menus. Two of these, the "Clipboard History" and the Bookmarks menus are leading to regular error messages about how they are being inserted in the wrong menu.
I have a hunch why this happens (they're created using a class that inherits QWidgetAction which shouldn't be used in multiple menus at once on OS X) but haven't yet been able to figure out how to put these items in only a single menu.
It is however trivial to suppress them completely, basically one only has to prevent them from being created.

What should I do if the issue doesn't get resolved? Personally I can live without both features, though I can see how having a bookmarking facility can come in handy.

Thanks,
René