[KDE/Mac] Review Request 126170: [OS X] make kded5 an agent, and build it as a regular application instead of an app bundle

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 11:16:35 UTC 2015

On Saturday December 12 2015 11:46:06 David Faure wrote:

> > kiod5 is started, but doesn't post a dialog. Doesn't raise/return an error either.
> > If there a debug category to activate in order to get more output I haven't found it.
>
> Did you try this on linux with Qt 5.4 or 5.5, to make sure there isn't another bug?

No, not yet to be honest (I've been fighting too many windmills at once lately ;))
I'm half expecting a crash though; kded5 and kdeinit5 c.s. tend to do that for some reason.
Which might be related to https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/140750/ btw. That patch solved my crash-on-exit issues with kdebugdialog5, just as Thiago predicted.

> I'm still fighting Qt 5.6 with this, dbus-in-a-thread creates lots of additional trouble.

I bet it does...
Good luck with that!