[KDE/Mac] Review Request 123458: Improvements to the handling of font weights and styles

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 21:51:07 UTC 2015

On Wednesday April 22 2015 23:40:56 Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:

> Similar changes are already in Qt5. At least the font weights are greatly
> expanded in 5.5.

Yes, I noticed that when I started to port the patch to Qt 5.4 . I'm not sure though if "the issue" isn't worse on Linux in Qt 5(.4) than it is in Qt 4.8 . At least compared to OS X with my updated patches: OS X has a QCocoaFontDialogHelper class that has no equivalent in the xcb platform and that comes in quite handy.

I wonder how GTk handles this. I've never noticed anything like font selections "changing behind my back" in GTk applications. Maybe that's the Gimp heritage shining through :)