[KDE/Mac] OSX/CI: okular fails to build on branch frameworks

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 14:34:22 UTC 2015

On Sunday April 12 2015 10:08:07 Marko Käning wrote:

Hi Marko,

>Unfortunately we’d need for CI some CMake magic which creates these links, renames them or simply
>creates them as dylib’s right from the start.

Honestly, this is actually up to the Okular devs to rectify. IIRC this is also what the Calligra devs did with the one test app that did this.
I think that either you patch out the 2 (?) tests, or you add a line that creates a proper shared library from the same files as the plugin, and link the test apps against that.

FYI: the same issue will (very likely) occur when building on MS Windows. IIRC plugins are "more different" from shared libraries there than they are on OS X. In fact, OS X allows to use shared libraries as plugins just as Linux does, but has an additional type ("bundle") which is meant to be used as a loadable module. The difference is in symbol visibility; bundles can have access to all symbols from a designated "bundle loader" (= host app) and apparently lack information required by the link editor (ld).