[KDE/Mac] OSX/CI: okular fails to build on branch frameworks

Alexander Richardson arichardson.kde at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 19:28:58 UTC 2015

> On Saturday April 11 2015 18:12:05 Marko Käning wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>>Hi Alexander,
>>> Looks like you're not pulling in the CoreFoundation (CF*) and CoreGraphics (CG*) frameworks ...
>>>
>>> R.
>>
>>for some reason okular again misbehaves…
>>
>>Any ideas what caused the code to not use CF and CG (anymore)?
>
> Actually, the code still uses functions from those frameworks, but the CMake files no longer ensure it is being linked.
> The KDE4 Okular version does *not* call for CoreFoundation and CoreGraphics itself, only for the IOKit framework. That suggests that those frameworks are part of the standard KDE4_*_LIBS or even injected by the Qt cmake files, all of which would make perfect sense.
>
> Does Okular have this kind of platform-dependent code in its own source (apart apparently from IOKit calls)?
>
> R.

There is some OSX specific code in core/utils.cpp. However, I have
only recently started looking at the Okular source code so I can't
really comment on it.

There is also a line     SET(OKULAR_IOKIT "-framework IOKit" CACHE
STRING "Apple IOKit framework") in the top level CMakeLists.txt, maybe
that needs to be changed to add "-framework CoreGraphics" as well? No
OS X experience so I'm afraid I can't really help you there.

Alex