[KDE/Mac] Review Request 120363: proposal to use the NOGUI switch in CMake files to set the default value for GUIenabled

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 14:48:07 UTC 2014

On Friday September 26 2014 07:15:45 Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Why do you think those patches would not get into Qt?

Oh, they might make it there, but probably later rather than sooner.

It occurs to me that they might not consider patches to improve the user experience of the (probably rare, for them) KDE users on OS X to be very relevant. Esp. if they are not completely and truly transparent to their regular (and paying) user base. The lack of feedback (and the 1 reply) I had so far on my bug reports concerning 1) the guess-based menu item moving around and 2) the missing check of isMenuIconVisible when rendering systray menus doesn't help either (and that 2nd issue *should be* completely transparent to other users and even helps providing platform-appropriate behaviour on an OS where menus don't have icons by default).