[KDE/Mac] Review Request 120202: [OS X] improvements to the kwallet/OSX keychain integration

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 11:57:02 UTC 2014

On 24/09/2014, at 8:45 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Wednesday September 24 2014 12:13:56 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
>
>> Which is funny, because I've been building kde-runtime git/kde4.14 more than a few times the last couple of days, and never ran into such an issue...
>
> Bummer, wasn't v4.14 I've been building, but 4.12.5 (I'm guessing later versions require baloo which I'll install when Nicolas releases KDE 4.13.3/MacPorts :)

Yes, that's right.

> However, the 4.12.5 applies a patch called patch-kwalletd.diff, and guess what that one does …

Heh, heh! It deletes three lines of Valentin's code from kwalletd.h … :-)

I had a vague memory of that patch from March-April but could not find
it anywhere among my KDE 4.13 files and was in a hurry to build, re-test
and commit my KCrash and Dr Konqi patches against kde-runtime master,
before the next onslaught of the grandsons tomorrow…

Which all goes to show, as Thomas keeps saying, that it is no use to
declare a slot in a conditional. Somebody "downstream" (or is that
"upstream"? ;-) ) will only delete it, even if it is intended for *their*
platform… :-) But that sort of coding problem will be picked up by
Marko's Apple OS X CI in the future… :-)

Sorry for the noise...

Re Clang, I have Apple LLVM version 4.2 on Lion, OS X 10.7.5.

Cheers, Ian W.