[KDE/Mac] Review Request 120149: [OS X] improved menubar experience: protected Preferences menu and cleaner "system tray"

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 01:39:20 UTC 2014

Hi René,

On 24/09/2014, at 7:20 AM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> Re: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/120149/

Why is this review still rolling on? I thought we were going to just do
a one-line patch to KAction to set the MenuRole to NoRole.

I also thought we were going to ask Qt to modify Qt5 to allow the
default role for QAction to be changed ahead of creating any
QActions or perhaps make a "downstream" patch to do that in
MacPorts.

Wouldn't that just bypass all this Qt heuristics stuff in one fell swoop?

Cheers, Ian W.